We are delighted to be expanding our CompEx offering with the introduction of two new modules, Ex05 and Ex06 - Dust.
These units are used to extend the competence for craftsperson’s who prepare, install, maintain and inspect electrical equipment for use in explosive dust atmospheres. This adds to our current offering of the CompEx scheme, where we run the Gas and Vapour modules (Ex01 – Ex04) and the CompEx Foundation course at our Rotherham licenced training centre.
The Ex05 and Ex06 dust units meet the competency requirements of IEC 60079 – 14 for operatives (selection and erection) and IEC 60079 – 17 (inspection and maintenance).
The course will cover:
- Characteristics of combustible dusts
- Area classification, including Zones 20, 21 and 22
- Concept of dust ignition protection
- Legislation, directives and standards
- Wiring systems and glanding
- Installation, inspection, maintenance and testing
More information on the training available, including course dates and costs will be released soon. Keep your eye on our website and social media channels for further updates. You can also register your interest by completing the contact us form.