We are delighted to be expanding our CompEx offering with the introduction of two new modules, Ex05 and Ex06 - Dust.
These units are used to extend the competence for craftsperson’s who prepare, install, maintain and inspect electrical equipment for use in explosive dust atmospheres. This adds to our current offering of the CompEx scheme, where we run the Gas and Vapour modules (Ex01 – Ex04 and Refresher) and the CompEx Foundation course at our Rotherham licenced training centre.
The Ex05 and Ex06 dust units meet the competency requirements of IEC 60079 – 14 for operatives (selection and erection) and IEC 60079 – 17 (inspection and maintenance).
A sample of the course topics to be covered are:
- Directives, Legislation and Standards
- Characteristics of Dusts
- Area Classification BSEN 60079-10-2
- Concept of Dust Ignition Protection
- Concepts of Protection for use in Dust Atmospheres
- Selection & Installation of Equipment (Non-IS & IS)
- General Requirement for Zones 20, 21 and 22
- Wiring Systems and Glanding (Non-IS & IS)
- Inspection, & Testing of Electrical Equipment (Non-IS & IS)
The course will run over 3 days, including 2 days theory and 1 day assessments:
- Ex05 Installation Assessment – 3 Hours 30 minutes
- Ex06 Inspection Assessment - 1 Hour 20 minutes
- Online Assessment – 1 Hour 30 minutes
We recommend delegates looking to take this course should be competent electrical and/or instrument craft personnel with experience of electrical installation work such as cable glanding, and continuity and insulation resistance testing.
More information on the training available, including course dates and cost will be released soon. Keep your eyes on our website and social media channels for further updates. You can also register your interest by completing the contact us form.