library_books Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation, 4th Edition
This Code of Practice provides a clear overview of EV charging equipment, as well as setting out the considerations needed prior to installations and the necessary physical and electrical installation requirements. It also details what needs to be considered when installing electric vehicle charging equipment in various different locations - such as domestic dwellings, on-street locations, and commercial and industrial premises.
Key changes for the 4th Edition include:
- General requirements - updated in line with the very latest amendment to BS 7671 (specifically within Section 722)
- On street installations - section updated to reflect a range of situations
- Installations at dwellings - section updated to provide greater clarity on domestic installs
- Three phase installations - address in more detail within the commercial and industrial section of the code
- Vehicle to grid - section updated and expanded providing useful background to this emerging development as well as providing detail on installation issues
- Smart infrastructure integration - updated to cover installation considerations that are becoming increasingly complicated as EV charging needs to be compatible and integrated with a range of other systems and installations
- Wireless charging - expansion of coverage of this area as its potential begins to be established and realised
Our Accreditations and Affiliates
Simon was a very good instructor and it was a pleasure learning from him his style is top class and he made the course interesting and he was very helpful.
Richard Weaver, Service Representative, Atkins
We have worked very successfully in collaboration with British Gas on behalf of the catering equipment industry to develop the training program for the delivery of a City & Guilds certificate in electrical competence.
Keith Warren, Director, Catering Equipment Suppliers Association
Simon was a very good trainer and demonstrated excellent knowledge and made the training both informative and enjoyable. He was a pleasure to work with and a credit to British Gas. He was happy to take questions from the group and explain points in detail where necessary.
Andrew Wadsworth, Maintenance, John Lewis
The course tutor was very helpful, understanding my learning needs and was happy to help/answer all of our questions. A big medal for his patience with us!
Mubeen Aslam, British Gas
I really enjoyed the Basic Electrical course. There were some challenging tasks which kept it relevant.
Mark Winter, John Lewis
Excellent course done at the correct level for non-electrical people. Great instructor!