2 day course
This 2-day assessed course gives an overview of the systems and technologies used in the heating, ventilation and air conditioning industry. This course also covers building controls and building management systems.
It is aimed at those already involved in building controls or the building management industry that need to have a knowledge and understanding of the terminology, technologies and systems used, whether they are managers, designers or installation engineers.
The cost of the BC1 Fundamentals of HVAC and Building Technology course is £475 + VAT for BCIA members. For non-members, the cost is £635 + VAT.
- Introduction to building technology and the most important requirements of the building enclosure and building services installation
- Principles of HVAC and the psychometric chart
- Introduction to ventilation and air conditioning
- Introduction to measuring and control technology
- Introduction to fundamental hydraulic circuits
- Refrigeration technology
- End of course assessment
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon the knowledge gained
on the BC1 - Fundamentals of HVAC & Building Tech course.