2 day course
BC2 Measuring and Control Technology
This 2-day assessed course gives an overview of the systems and technologies used in the heating, ventilating and air conditioning industry. Building control and building management systems are also covered.
It is designed for engineers and technicians who have some knowledge and field experience with a minimum period of one year within the industry. It is also recommended that candidates complete Fundamentals of HVAC & Building Technology (BC1) first.
The cost of the BC2 Measuring and Control Technology course is £440 + VAT for BCIA members. For non-members, the cost is £600 + VAT.
- Measuring technology
- Fundamentals of measurement
- Measured variables in HVAC
- Transmission action
- The different types of controllers and control loops
- Locating and mounting sensors
- Measuring concept / planning
- Control technology
- Introduction to control technology
- The controlled system
- Digital Direct Control (DDC)
- End of course assessment
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon
the knowledge gained
on the BC2 - Measuring and Control Technology course.