2 day course
BC5 Control of Ventilation and Air Conditioning
Using psychometric charts and data, this course details the requirements of air conditioning plants and how they can be controlled effectively for resourceful operation and energy efficiency.
It is designed for managers, electricians and engineers who are responsible for the design, installation and commissioning of building control technologies and systems for ventilation and air conditioning. This advanced course builds on the knowledge gained in the BC1, BC2, BC3 and BC4 courses.
The cost of the BC5 Control of Ventilation and Air Conditioning course is £475 + VAT for BCIA members. For non-members, the cost is £635 + VAT.
- AHU component parts including variable speed fans and EC motors
- Factory packaged controls
- Temperature control in ventilation plants
- Humidity control
- Mixing re-circulated air
- Control and frost protection of heat recovery equipment
- Plant concepts for partial air conditioning plants
- Plant concepts for full air conditioning plants with heat recovery
- Various control functions
- Control of air re-treatment
- End of course assessment
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon the knowledge gained
on the BC5 - Control of Ventilation and Air Conditioning course.