2 day course
Award in Competence for the Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
Developed in line with the latest IET Code of Practice, this course focuses on the formal inspection, testing and recording of electrical equipment, with special regard for portable appliance testing.
Using hands-on, practical tuition, it gives you the skills to meet typical contemporary challenges and prepare you for the City & Guilds 2377-77 examination.
- The legal requirement, purpose and frequency of Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- The main inspection and testing requirements prescribed in the IET Code of Practice for In-Service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Equipment construction and definition
- Approved testing procedures with ‘Portable Appliance Testers’
- Establish maintenance charts, registers and recording of results
- Introduction to test instruments
- Equipment inspection and practical testing
- Test result analysis
The assessment method includes an open book online examination and a practical assessment. Delegates will also need the Code of Practice for in service inspection of portable appliances which is available at our centres for £60.
The following books are recommended reading and are essential for specific courses with examinations.
If you are booking a course, please purchase your books at the same time as you are buying the seats. We can post them to you, or delegates can collect them on the day of the course.
If books are purchased independently of a course, we will deliver these to your company address.
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon the knowledge gained
on the City & Guilds 2377-77 (PAT) course.