5 day course
Award in the Initial Verification and Periodic Inspection, Testing and Certification of Electrical Installations
Formerly known as City & Guilds 2394/5, this 5-day course is a combination of the 2391-50 and 2391-51 training courses and will allow candidates to complete both qualifications without attending the centre on separate occasions.
The course includes the same level of content as covered in the main courses.
Assessment methods during the 5-day course include a short written examination and an open book online multi-choice exam consisting of 40 questions.
Please note, a practical assessment on a simulated installation and a visual inspection exercise will take place shortly after the 5-day course on a different date. The additional practical assessment date will be confirmed during the course.
- Requirements of Electricity at Work Regulations.
- Safe systems of work.
- Requirements for safe isolation.
- Safe testing of electrical installations.
- Principles for working dead.
- Principle for working live.
- Testing sequence.
- Interpretation of test results.
- Reasons for initial verification of electrical installations.
- Documentation, certification and reporting.
The following books are required for this course. We can either post them to you or you can collect them when attending on the day of the course. You can increase the quantity of books required in the shopping cart.
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon
the knowledge gained
on the City & Guilds 2391-52 course.