1 day course
The course provides electricians and electrical engineers with a focused awareness of IEE requirements relating to Earthing and Bonding of Low Voltage electrical installations.
It also aims to help Duty Holders comply with Regulation 8 of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
- The role of Earthing and Bonding
- Automatic disconnection of supply
- Protective devices
- Earthing systems
- Basic fault protection
- Exposed and extraneous conductive parts
- Protective bonding
- Supplementary bonding
- Maximum permitted disconnection times during earth faults
- Additional protection
- Suitable materials for protective conductors
- Selecting suitably sized protective conductors
- The general requirements to BS7671
- Special locations of installations
- Transformer and generator earthing (overview)
- Principles of inspection and testing
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon
the knowledge gained
on the Earthing and Bonding course.