1 day course
This is aimed at those who require an awareness of the dangers of electricity, and the basic principles for maintaining a safe environment.
Suitable for non-electrical people, as well as providing a useful refresher for electrical personnel, it specifically looks at systems operating at 230 volts and 400 volts, but also considers reduced voltage systems and supplies at SELV.
- Applicable legislation
- Non-statutory documents
- Risks associated with electrical safety – electric shock, burns arcing, fires, explosions and secondary effects
- Insulating conductors
- Enclosures and barriers
- Fuses and circuit breakers
- Double insulated equipment
- Wiring systems
- Maintenance, inspection and testing
- User checks
- Examples of dangerous situations
- Action for defective equipment
- Importance of electrical design
- Electrical certification
- Safe systems of work
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon the knowledge gained
on the Electrical Safety Awareness course.