1 day course
This course gives an understanding of the dangers that may arise from operating, maintaining and working near electrical systems that operate above 1,000 VAC and gives guidance to identify safe working procedures.
It will provide a basic understanding of HV distribution systems and equipment and give awareness of Safe Systems of Work as required by the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989.
The course is aimed at Facility Managers and Supervisors with responsibilities for HV systems.
- Voltages in common uses
- Effect of current on the body
- Overview of the Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Duty Holders responsibilities
- An introduction to HV switchgear and systems
- An overview of Safe Systems of Work
- Application of Electricity Safety Regulations to HV systems
- The requirements for the Issue of Safety documents
- Records and documentation required to ensure compliance with the law
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon the knowledge gained
on the High Voltage Awareness course.