1 Day Course
This course has been developed to refresh manager and supervisor understanding of everyone’s safety and health responsibilities in the workplace, and enable them to recognise how a safety management system helps influence, control and monitor risk to improve safety and health issues in the workplace.
It is aimed at those who manage others and manage risk and resources.
Learners must have completed the full Managing Safely course successfully: their certificate number will be required as evidence.
- The key reasons to manage safety and health in the workplace
- Safety and health key terms and their definitions
- The benefits and key parts of an effective safety and health management system
- How the law can affect safety and health in the workplace
- How to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- The principles that underpin good safety and health performance
Please be aware there is no mandatory requirement for the Managing Safely course to be renewed at an interval, however, IOSH recommend the Managing Safely Refresher be conducted every 3 years to keep skills up-to-date.