3 Day Virtual Course
This course has been developed to give managers and supervisors an understanding of everyone’s safety and health responsibilities in the workplace. It gives you the skills to be able to influence, control and monitor risk to improve health and safety at work.
It is aimed at those who manage others and manage risk and resources.
- To give managers and supervisors an understanding of everyone’s safety and health responsibilities in the workplace
- To enable managers and supervisors to recognize how they can influence, control and monitor risk to improve safety and health issues in the workplace
- The key reasons to manage safety and health in the workplace
- The key terms relating to safety and health
- How the law can have an impact on safety and health in the workplace
- How to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Workplace hazards and risks, their impact and how to manage them
- How to evaluate and respond to an incident
- The benefits and characteristics of an effective health and safety management system
- The principles that underpin good safety and health performance
What can I expect from Virtual Learning?
Our Virtual Learning Courses give delegates the opportunity to learn from the comfort of their own home - ideal during this unprecedented time where social distancing is key.
Courses will be delivered online by one of our electrical tutors, just as they would be in a classroom facility. This is training online but not to be mistaken for E-learning. Our training is delivered in real time using video conferencing software that gives delegates the opportunity to watch and listen to the tutor, follow the presentation live and interact and ask any questions they may have.
There is scheduled course dates with set start and end times, and short breaks throughout the sessions. This differs to E-Learning where courses are pre-recorded and you can join at any time.
Our virtual learning can be accessed via a PC, laptop or tablet. When a booking has been made, we’ll then send you your joining instructions with the link to access the training shortly before the course – it really is that simple.
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon
the knowledge gained
on the IOSH Managing Safely (Virtual) course.