1 day course
Safe Electrical Isolation of Low Voltage Systems
Your company might have to entrust electrical isolation tasks not only to electrical personnel, but also to non-electrical staff with some experience of electrical systems (and who may require authorisation to carry out isolation for maintenance purposes).
Including formal Permit to Work procedures for on-site operation, this course provides staff with the knowledge needed to perform safe isolation of low voltage systems and equipment.
- Overview and relevance of low voltage safety rules.
- Associated procedures, basic risk assessment and documentation prior to isolation.
- Types of isolating devices.
- Methods of isolation.
- Proving or verifying an isolation.
- Controlling isolation.
- Removing an isolation and returning a system to normal operation.
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon
the knowledge gained
on the Safe Electrical Isolation of Low Voltage Systems course.