5 day course
Siemens Programmable Logic Controllers
This course teaches the configuration, maintenance, documentation and programming of PLCS from the Siemens S7 family, using standard Siemens S7 interfacing software. It concentrates on the S7-300 platform, but also makes comparison with the S7-400 range.
An introductory level training course, it’s designed for those who are just beginning to work with the Siemens S7 PLCs and associated software.
Offering a general overview of past and present Siemens PLCs, it focuses on the S7 platforms, examining relevant maintenance issues associated with PLC controlled systems.
Certain aspect of programming PLCs to perform ‘end user’ functions are covered within a series of practical automation assignments.
- Overview of the principles of operation for the Siemens S7 PLCs
- An overview of the Step S7 PLC automation software editing programme
- Creation of new S7 automation projects
- S7 PLC automation project hardware types and configuration
- Signal module input and output and internal memory addressing structures
- Changing the PLCs operating mode
- Monitoring a PLC online
- Save and restore PLC automation project database to and from the standard internal or external data storage media
- S7 PLC automation project documentation and reporting
- Searching the S7 PLC automation project for applicable instruction set references
- S7 PLC fault ‘stack’ diagnosis
The following courses are also available and may complement and build upon
the knowledge gained
on the Siemens S7 PLC course.