Designed to help members of the Armed Forces gain qualifications upon leaving their role, Enhanced Learning Credits (ELC) provide financial assistance, with up to three payments being given to subsidise the cost of any suitable training programme.
Promoting lifelong learning, ELCs are available for courses that result in nationally recognised qualifications, which include:
- Level Three or above qualifications on England and Wales’s National Qualification Framework (NQF)
- Level Six or above qualifications on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SQCF)
- For overseas qualifications, an approved, international equivalent
To be eligible to make an ELC claim you must have already been registered to become a scheme member and must have completed no less than six years’ eligible service (lower tier).
Please note that the following information must be submitted to your Education Staff (in paper or electronic format) a minimum of 25 working days prior to your course start date/registration date:
- Fully completed claim form with information about the course that you wish to undertake and include details of your registration date where applicable
- On receipt of your Claim Authorisation Note (CAN), you must present it to your chosen Learning Provider before the course is due to start.
With all ELC applications needing to be made through the Enhanced Learning Credits Administration Service (ELCAS), for further information on applying, contact ELCAS directly on 0845 300 5179, at email@example.com or by visiting www.enhancedlearningcredits.com.