We help your business create a safe working environment
We provide bespoke safe working practices and procedures to help increase employee awareness of how to work safely with electricity.
We have a wealth of experience in providing organisations with electrical safety rules and procedures. We carry out on-site assessments to identify regulatory compliance gaps, assess risk and provide a bespoke ‘safe system of work’ framework for your business to follow.
We identify and minimise risks
Around two thirds of all electrical accidents are caused by inadequate working practices. The costs associated with regulatory non-compliance and on-site electrical incidents can be:
- Health and Safety Executive (HSE) fines and lawsuits
- Production downtime
- Business closure
Safe and compliant businesses operate smoothly and more efficiently, being less susceptible to health and safety incidents that can lead to production downtime, HSE investigation, negative publicity and the temporary or permanent closure of business.
To identify your company’s safe working procedure requirements, it’s important to ask yourself the following questions:
- Do I know the risks arising from our activities?
- Do I know how to eliminate, control or reduce them?
- How do I communicate the above information effectively to my staff?
- How do I know they are complying with those measures?
By understanding your business needs and your obligations under legislation, we can provide a tailored solution to keep your business compliant. Our services are self-delivered, saving you management time and reducing the total cost of service provision.
We remove avoidable costs through a comprehensive range of solutions
We can provide you with all the relevant documentation applicable to your specific site conditions to allow your people to work safely with electricity. We can undertake required electrical risk assessments or establish a system for key members of staff to complete themselves.
Our safe working procedures:
- Demonstrate safe systems of work to the enforcing authorities (HSE and Environmental Health)
- Satisfy the requirements of insurance company risk management units
- Send a clear signal to managers, employees and contractors that electrical safety is taken seriously
- Can provide a means to defence in criminal and civil courts
- Maintain acceptable work, quality and safety standards
- Help prevent injury and ill-health through safe working practice
We offer the following services, documentation and policies to support safe electrical working on your site:
- Monitor on-site working procedures
- Safe working procedures (site and environment specific)
- Electrical safety policies/rules
- Risk assessment procedures
- Safe isolation procedures
- Sanction to test
- Staff training in procedures and policy
Code of practice for safe working on low voltage electrical systems
Shock or serious burns from contact with low voltage systems may have serious consequences and in extreme circumstances can be fatal. Electrical and other relevant personnel must receive training as companies are under a statutory obligation to provide instruction and information to their staff.
The code of practice is specifically designed to give a systematic approach to electrical work through rules and guidance to staff and contractors. This is in order to prevent death or personal injury from electrical courses in connection with work activities.
We undertake site based audits to produce reports on an organisation’s current status of compliance measured against statutory requirements including:
- The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- Management of Health and Safety Regulations 1999
- Electricity at Work Regulations 1989
- Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 and the Workplace (Health, Safety and Welfare) Regulations 1992
We keep people safe while saving you money and improving performance
We maintain the safety and integrity of your business with the minimum of disruption to your operation.
Our skilled and committed staff understand your business needs and your obligations under current legislation. We have a rigorous quality assurance process, from initial survey or needs analysis, through to the completion of site work or delivery of training courses, and the issue of documentation to our clients.
Book a Consultant Visit
Need advice, support and assistance with any of your electrical systems? Our on-site consultations consist of approximately 2.5 hours on-site completing a comprehensive risk analysis, followed by a report summarising our findings and providing appropriate recommendations.
Prices start from as little as £198 plus VAT. Please contact us on 0800 980 8150 for a quotation, or complete the enquiry form below and a member of the team will be in touch.